EIZO Corporation has recently announced the release of a new generation of graphics monitors with sleek cabinet design for aspiring and professional creatives. The newly introduced monitors by EIZO are the ColorEdge CG2420 and CS2420, two 24.1-inch monitors with 1920 x 1200 resolution for use in various creative industries.
The new EIZO monitors feature a sleek new cabinet design with slim bezels which are 39% smaller than their predecessors. They also feature a carrying handle that is built-in for easily moving the monitor between locations or within the studio.
The new flat design uses electrostatic switches on the front bezel in that replace the traditional buttons, so that users have a seamless access to monitor settings. Dimly-lit work environments will benefit from the LED switches light up which maximizes viewing.
A brief about the new monitors.
The EIZO ColorEdge CG2420 is the professional-level model monitor for use in photography, design, print, and post production. The monitor guarantees optimal color reproduction and image consistency throughout the creative workflow through the built-in self-calibration sensor for hassle-free monitor maintenance.
ColorEdge CG2420 Additional Features
- High contrast ratio of 1500:1
- Delta-E difference of 3 or less across the screen with EIZO’s DUE (digital uniformity equalizer) technology
- Brightness, chromaticity, and tone characteristics stabilize in just 3 minutes
- Quickly attachable and removable shading hood
- Supports ColorNavigator NX and ColorNavigator Network quality control software
- The ColorEdge CS2420 is the outcome of the varying needs and budgets of optimal color reproduction and image consistency throughout the creative workflow; as it includes many of the advanced features of EIZO’s ColorEdge lineup. It has a high contrast ratio of 1000:1 and a shading optional hood.
Shared Additional Features
- Smooth gradations with 10-bit display from a 16-bit LUT (look-up-table)3
- DisplayPort, HDMI, and DVI input terminals
- 3-port USB hub including 1 USB battery charge port
- Ergonomic stand that offers height, tilt, and swivel adjustments
EIZO bundles its proprietary ColorNavigator 6 software with both monitors for users that require a wide variety of calibration functionality. Users can select preset target values for photography, printing, and web design or set their own target values for brightness, gamma, and white point and generate an ICC profile. Because ColorNavigator 6 is proprietary software, EIZO has ensured it is compatible with a wide range of calibration devices from X-Rite, Datacolor, and other manufacturers1.
The ColorEdge CG2420 and CS2420 feature a wide-gamut IPS (in-plane-switching) panel with a 1920 x 1200 native resolution. The wide gamut ensures 99% Adobe RGB coverage so photos of vibrant blue skies and lush green forests are reproduced faithfully in a way that monitors limited to the sRGB color space cannot display. The ColorEdge CG2420’s panel also covers 98% of the DCI-P3 color space used in post-production.
Both monitors are backed by a five-year manufacturer’s warranty including the LCD panel. This is at least two years more than the warranty of most monitors to ensure a long service life and low total cost of ownership.